Saturday, December 11, 2010

on the topic of illustrations...

Sooooo these are some really cool illustrations I found online. I think it'd be interesting to find poems to go with each one. I'm not sure what would go with each, but this would be an interesting experiment as far as painting with words: to find what poem, the mood and word choice and images, go with which image. I'm a big fan of all three of these. The one on the bottom right reminds me almost of Allen Ginsberg's "Howl," which is a sensory bombardment, but not nearly as happy and bubbly. Still, if anyone reads this post: http://www.wussu.com/poems/agh.htm Definitely worth checking out. At this point there's not much I can ask about my essay, since I've finished it, but I would issue a challenge to try to find poems to match these illustrations. They have to be cool poems, since they're cool pictures, but anything else goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment